Saturday, November 11, 2006

God shed grace on me...


As we grow older and mature sometimes we find that we don’t always believe everything our parents believe and have taught us all of our lives. They do give us some undeniable truths: Look both ways before crossing the street, Christ is Lord, I am smarter and much better looking than Ryan (and don’t tell Ryan but my parents love me more…). It is when we grow and learn and start to formulate our own thoughts and identities that life can get complicated.

With freedom comes responsibility. My parents have always supported Ryan and me in our choices in life and they have certainly been the most influential people in my life. But what do you do when you have found out that your parents have been feeding you a deceitful line your whole life? How do you cope with learning that your parents (and especially as a guy, that your dad has fooled you) have led you astray? As I have thought through this and deeply lamented over truth, I have made a major decision. With the love and support of Michelle, I am ready to confess that I have seen the light and I want to be able to publicly profess to all of my friends and family that…

I will tell you in a minute. First, I want to say that this has been a painful experience and if not for the grace of a loving heavenly Father, the support and encouragement of the most beautiful woman in world, and most importantly my mentor and personal hero James G. I wouldn’t be able to share this with the world.

Mom, Dad and world I am now ready to breakthrough the pain and proudly tell the world that I have seen the truth and it shall set me free! I must do it this week before the game. The Vikings are not for me…I LOVE THE PACKERS!!!!!!!!!! Green Bay is the football Mecca of the world! I love Brett Farve. I love Green and Gold. Dang, I love me some cheese.

Now comes the road to a healthy family relationship and hopefully restoration. Dad, I plead with you to stop denying what you know is truth…The Packers are the right team to love and that before it is too late, please join me in the truth and show Farve some love before it is too late and the prophet is called home to retirement in LA. For the love of all that is right, repent and go green/gold. I love you mom, dad, and Ryan but I must do what’s right and I hope you will join me.

Can we all say it together…I loves me some cheese!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, what? What has happened to you, Trevor? Your feelings have been changing ever since you and the Vikes lost Dennis Green, I suppose?

Maybe you should walk on the even wilder side, and come root for the Bears. How can you not love a team with a coach named Lovie? How?

(Praise God you're blogging again)

Anonymous said...

"In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires (support the Packers). These are the men how divide you (Gleghorn), who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit (of the Vikings)." Jude 18
Repent, Trevor, and turn from your wicked ways (which are now published wordlwide on the web). In spite of your wicked and 'adulterous' path (I know, serpents like James & now Cory deceived you), I still love you with an everlasting love. I say this in spite of the outcome of yesterday's tragedy.... Dad

Anonymous said...

"Farve"?

And you call yourself a Packers fan.

Trevorly, I find this disappointing and quite frankly am concerned for your salvation. I may have to remove the link to your blog from my own blog site.

Ant, a Bronco fan (as you should be) who also likes cheese

Anonymous said...

P.S. my sister-in-law, also from North Dakota, has the good sense to at least root for the Vikings. Return to the teachings of your youth and become a Vikings fan, or act like a real Coloradan and cheer for the Broncos as you should.