Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm a Genius

I'm sitting in Caribou Coffee shop of Englewood, CO 80113 this morning sipping some roasted (a fancy word for burned) bean flavored water that is dancing across my tastebuds and reading some riveting commentaries on the biblical book of James (page 1118 in your bibles). As you are probably able to deduce, the morning is going great.

I whipped out my headphones to listen to some tunes on the ol' HP to drown out the cacophony of voices overwhelming the house music. I plugged them in, fired up Windows Media Player (yes, I know I need to download iTunes, trust me, I'm more disappointed in myself than you are in me) and turned on the jams. The sound wasn't as full as I remembered it being other times and I could barely hear it, so I cranked it up and kept working.

About ten minutes later I removed the headphones to get a rifill on the joe and I could still hear the music. In fact, I could hear it better now than when I had the headphones in. I then realized that I had plugged the headphones into the mic hole. Hope everyone else enjoyed the music. They must have because no one told me to turn it down!

6 comments:

Dan Luebcke said...

Dude...great post! I've done the same thing!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you used the word 'cacophony.' Awesome.

Cory said...

Trevor! You're the best. Was it 50 Cent or N' Sync or Ashlee Simpson that you were listening to?

Kristen said...

that is really funny.... even funnier if I could have been there to hear you tell the story! thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

ok that's pretty funny.

And I didn't know there were any Caribous in Colorado. Who says you don't learn stuff by reading blogs?

Jon the legal immigrant said...

Yes, though most Caribou are in Canada, of course. Along with Moose and beavers.... and Mounties.

Trevor, I had my own awkward moment today - do not read while walking.