Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Advertisers Be Crazy


I have now been subjected to GEICO commercials for what seems like decades, but I apparantly had never really listened to one before. This is probably a good thing. But for some whack reason I actually processed the soundwaves my inner ear was picking up this week.

Beside the fact that the commercials are stupid, what they say is also stupid. The tag line they used was something like, "15 minutes could save you 15% or more on car insurance." Really? I get that they want the 15s to match, but if you think about that statement it's really like saying nothing. If you really play out what they're saying, it comes out "if you spend some time on our website there's a good chance that you will save lots of money, some money, or no money." So profound.

1 comment:

Cory said...

Wow, I don't think I really ever paid attention to that either. You're so smart.